Woodgate’s squad returned to Rockliffe last week for the first time in two months and they will resume contact training later this week as the countdown to the restart continues.
“That’s the news we’ve been waiting for,” said Woodgate. “As a club we’ve made no secret of the fact that we wanted to restart the season when it is deemed safe enough to do so.
“We’ve followed the guidance of the authorities all along, and will continue to do so.”
The news that June 20 is pencilled in for a provisional restart means Boro have less than three weeks to prepare for a return to action.
“It isn’t a lot of time, but the players worked to their own programmes during lockdown, and came back here last week,” said Woodgate.
“We’d had June 20 in mind as a possible to return and were already working towards that date.
“We had a good week last week and we’ll step things up this week, and keep moving forwards now.”
Boro will also use the Riverside Stadium as part of the preparations for the return to action with Woodgate’s squad training on ‘home’ soil in the build-up to the restart.
“It’s important that we get back there,” he added. “We’ll do most of our work at Rockliffe, but we will use the Riverside just to get the feel of the place again.
“It’ll be a different environment without our supporters, but it is what it is, and safety has to come first. We have four home games left and we will have to adapt to that.”